Today, almost anyone can open up a web browser and tap into a seemingly infinite stream of information—the only limiting factor being one’s own curiosity and imagination. Employees need the critical thinking skills to discern new challenges and opportunities from the flux and glut of instant-access information. These critical thinking skills have become a core competency in every workplace. AMA offers a number of solutions that take a practical approach to learning these vital skills:
- Decision Making: Being informed is essential in making decisive, high-impact decisions with clarity and confidence.
- Strategic Thinking: Uncover potential opportunities to anticipate, initiate, and manage change.
- Entrepreneurial Thinking: Learn to embrace risk and rejection instead of fearing them in order to rejuvenate your business.
- Information, Media and Technology: The future growth of every business depends on accessing and utilizing a global network of resources.
With the Internet growing by over 10 million new pages a day, it comes as no surprise that many employees simply feel overburdened by the sheer quantity of information out there. However, by taking away these skills from AMA training, your staff will find a way to break through to find the opportunities and say “Here’s what we need to do.”
- The Performance Paradox, by Stephen Shapiro
“Surprisingly, one of the most effective solutions may be the most counter-intuitive: sometimes less effort, not more, yields optimal results.”