You or your organization’s managers can now qualify to earn an unprecedented management certification, AMA CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN MANAGEMENT™.
AMA has undertaken a thorough and collaborative process to develop this groundbreaking management program in order to respond to the growing demands of today’s business world.
In establishing this certification, AMA helps organizations hire the most qualified managers through certification and gives individuals a set of recognized criteria to validate their qualifications and advance their careers.
Are you ready to become a Certified Professional in Management?
Why an AMA Management Certification?
- The new management standard includes competencies in professional effectiveness, relationship management, business acumen, and analytical intelligence
- Established in 1923, AMA is a globally recognized authority in management with nearly 100 years of best practices and professional development expertise
- The framework of the program is the set of competencies outlined in The Management Body of Knowledge, developed by AMA
- Program oversight is conducted by an objective advisory board of recognized management experts
- Certification is based on extensive AMA management research and analysis
Certification Program Mission and Vision
- Our mission is to create a standard of excellence in management.
- Our vision is to improve society by helping individuals and organizations achieve performance excellence through management certification.
How Certification Benefits Managers
- Fosters greater career success by motivating managers to be more well-rounded and develop knowledge in multiple areas
- Increases a manager's worth and value to an organization
- Distinguishes managers (both internally and externally) from others who are not certified
- Helps inspire team members to support management and further develop themselves
- Promotes a positive impact on the organization's bottom line
How Certification Benefits Organizations
- Provides a method for recognizing managerial competence
- Offers a reliable indicator of future leadership potential
- Decreases the risk of making bad management hiring or promotion decisions
- Reduces the likelihood that team members may leave due to skill gaps and behavioral deficiencies in their managers
- Helps organizations improve their talent acquisition and promotion ROI
Areas of Knowledge Included in AMA-CPM™ Program
Based on extensive AMA management research and analysis, this new credential certifies that managers have the knowledge and skills across competencies of professional effectiveness, relationship management, business acumen and analytical intelligence that directly impact the organization's bottom line.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Presentation Skills
- Conflict Management
- Coaching for Performance
- Managing Change
- Managing Projects
- Financial Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Talent Management
- Critical Thinking
- Managing and Mastering Data
How to Get Certified
Step 1: Apply for Certification
Make sure eligibility requirements are met and apply to take the exam.
Step 3: Get Certified
Schedule your exam date and location, pass the exam and become AMA-CPM certified!
Directory of AMA-CPMTM Credential Holders
The Advisory Board
The Advisory Board oversees the AMA-CPM program’s integrity, value and reliability. Board members were selected for their demonstrated business expertise and ability to determine managerial competence and behavioral skills crucial to a manager’s success.
Wondering how certification in management can boost your career? Join one of our FREE information sessions online or in a city near you.