Save a ton of time as you analyze data quickly and easily!
When you need to crunch database-like data, you can only go so far with sorting, filtering, and inserting subtotals.
What you need are ways to create summary totals based on multiple criteria and the ability to interchange fields, add other fields, and sort results in a flash. Moreover, how great would it be if you could do all these things and never need to deal with complex, lengthy formulas?
The Microsoft® Excel PivotTable tool gives you all of these capabilities, plus dozens of display and manipulation features.
Consider this scenario: You have thousands of detailed rows of sales data covering a five-year period, containing the names of salespersons, sales dates, items sold, location of sales by state and region, names of buyers, dollar amounts, and more. Imagine if you could quickly create a table to show the total sales by salesperson by state without writing any formulas…and complete the task in under 10 seconds!
Then, without skipping a beat, alter that table to show total sales by month or by year simply by changing a field’s location!
The possibilities are seemingly endless, and you can apply these same tools just as easily to a variety of data—perhaps an HR list, an inventory list, a detailed budget, a contact list…and so on.
This webinar shows you exactly how to use the PivotTable tool to quickly analyze even huge amounts of data in less time than you ever thought possible.
- Simple PivotTable shortcuts that automate difficult analyses
- How to drill down to see instantly the detailed records that comprise a summary total
- Advice on presenting your data in different formats quickly and easily
- Ways to sort PivotTable data without lengthy command sequences
- Time-saving Pivot Report tips and tricks to create flawless reports
- How to create summary totals in a flash
- Ways to modify PivotTables settings to boost your efficiency
- How to group data quickly to reveal new information not in the source data
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will understand and be able to apply the Excel PivotTable tool to analyze spreadsheet data.
Please note: The presenter will be demonstrating these methods and techniques using Excel for Office 365, however much of the functionality is also available to users of earlier versions of Excel on both Windows and Mac.
How AMA Webinars Work
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year so that you can watch the program again and again to boost your skill set.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
*Microsoft, Excel, and PivotTables are registered trademarks of Microsoft.
BJ Wilson is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Excel expert with Osprey Productions. He has been helping people learn Microsoft Office for the past 10 years.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 and above; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Internet Explorer (v11.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above), or Microsoft Edge (v16 & above)
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Apple Safari (v11.0 & above) and Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; Google Chrome and Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete technical requirements for Adobe Connect.