Simplify Calculations and Automate Your Data Analysis Chores
Excel functions are programmed formulas and tasks that simplify specific calculations and work. Excel includes hundreds of functions designed to save you time — but learning how to use ALL of them can be a challenge.
This course provides a keen understanding of creating formulas from scratch and using built-in functions to speed through spreadsheet work.
In part one of this course, your instructor will walk you a step at a time through spreadsheet organization tactics, formula creating tips, important statistical functions and more, so you avoid the trial and error time you would waste figuring them out on your own.
Even if you already know how to apply basic formulas, you’ll discover how to take your data validation and analysis to an advanced level using the tools built into Excel. When you face a new function, you’ll have the know-how to quickly be able to use it effectively.
Attend and expand your analytical capabilities as you master the power of Excel and add a whole new level of depth and analysis to your worksheets!
After completing both parts, you will understand and be able to apply Excel formulas and functions to solve a variety of data analysis problems.
How Webinars Work
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year so that you can watch the program again and again to boost your skill set.
AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
Please note: The presenter will be demonstrating these methods and techniques using Excel for Office 365, however much of the functionality is also available to users of earlier versions of Excel on both Windows and Mac.
*Microsoft, Windows, and Excel are registered trademarks of Microsoft.
Because there are so many functions available for your use in Excel, this webinar has been divided into two helpful programs. In Part 1, you’ll get step-by-use demonstrations covering:
- Gain what-if capability with the IF, AND, OR, and CHOOSE functions
- Powerful statistical functions MAX, AVERAGE, MEDIAN, RANKEQ, and MODE.SNGL
- Ways to summarize data with the COUNTIF, AVERAGEIF, and SUMIF functions
Accelerate your productivity with these navigation techniques:
- Instantly display all formulas in a worksheet
- Highlight all formula cells in a worksheet; highlight all numerical value cells
- Use entire row and column references in formulas
- Adjust relative reference quickly and easily
- Use AutoSum (and its extended capabilities) more efficiently
- And the list goes on and on!
Forget figuring out how to use formulas and functions from complicated tutorials and thick books—this two-part webinar is the fastest, easiest way to learn how to master functions and formulas once and for all.
See what’s covered in Mastering EXCEL® Formulas and Functions - Part 2.
BJ Wilson is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Excel expert with Osprey Productions. He has been helping people learn Microsoft Office for the past 10 years.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 and above; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Internet Explorer (v11.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above), or Microsoft Edge (v16 & above)
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Apple Safari (v11.0 & above) and Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; Google Chrome and Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete technical requirements for Adobe Connect.