Learn to Speak Confidently in Group Settings
It is said that many of us fear speaking in front of others more than death.
While public speaking can be a nerve-wracking experience, it can be extremely beneficial for your career. When you can effectively speak at meetings, give presentations to audiences large and small, and even share your thoughts without time to prepare, you are often perceived as being a better leader than those who remain silent.
If talking in front of a group is difficult or makes you uncomfortable, there are steps you can take to become a more polished and less fearful public speaker.
This webinar provides you with tips and tactics for preparing a presentation, using body language and vocal variety to keep your audience’s attention, and specific methods to reduce your jitters.
Whether you’re an inexperienced public speaker or someone who wants to boost their confidence and delivery, this is a great opportunity to improve your skills in all manner of public speaking situations.
You may never set foot on a big stage but just want to nail it during sales presentations to close more deals or be more comfortable at networking events.
In this webinar, you'll discover tools to minimize your nervousness and a wealth of speaking do's and don'ts, including:
- How to plan an impactful opening, message delivery, and closing
- Tips for getting grounded before you start to speak at meetings and presentations
- Ways to banish the "ums" and "uhs" that clutter your speech
- Non-verbal techniques to use and those to avoid
- How to speak on the spot — even when the topic is not in your comfort zone.
After 90 minutes you’ll come away with specific approaches to improve how you perform at your next meeting or speaking engagement. So join us to improve your ability to speak up and get your message across.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Manage your fear of speaking in front of groups
- Use effective verbal & nonverbal communication techniques
- Capture and maintain your audience’s attention
- Establish your credibility and build rapport
- Use rehearsals smartly to enhance your presentations.
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 (Microsoft Edge, Latest Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.9 (*Latest Firefox, Safari, or Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- Android 4.x (Chrome Browser Only)
- Apple iOs (*Latest version, Safari Browser Only)
* Official support for the "latest" version of a newly released browser, among those noted above, will be added within 8 weeks of public release. Until then, the previous version will continue to be supported instead.
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Still need Help? Additional technical information can be found here. You can also view these tips in Spanish and French.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete help guide for ON24: https://event.on24.com/view/help/ehelp.html