Have you recently fallen into the role of a project manager?
When you suddenly find yourself responsible for managing an important project but are unfamiliar with the “science” of making it happen, you’re an accidental project manager.
The good news is that you can achieve success without being an expert on the subtleties of project management (PM)—you just need to have some basic tools and procedures, as well as the confidence to apply them properly.
You’ll find this webinar helpful as it lays out the basic elements that ALL project managers need to know, puts them into a workflow based on industry best practices, provides “how-to” examples, and explores a number of practical, no-nonsense techniques that will help you keep things running smoothly.
Good project management requires the PM to capture and track a lot of data and subsequently turn that data into information. Having the right stuff in your "toolbox" will increase your efficiency and effectiveness at every turn.
During this webinar, you’ll discover the key elements involved in setting up your project for success from the start, including:
- The critical concepts that you need to know to plan and manage projects
- An easy-to-follow process for taking projects from beginning to end
- How to scale the PM process to your specific project
- How to use software tools to simplify your chores and increase productivity
With this know-how, you’ll be able to apply just enough PM to help you achieve high-quality results in all of your projects.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodology to manage a project from beginning to end
- Use a structured approach to prepare a project charter, incorporate appropriate plans, understand schedules, and understand specific outputs and deliverables for each step of the plan
How AMA Webinars Work
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year so that you can watch the program again and again to boost your skill set.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
Gary Chin, PMP, MBA is a project management consultant, author, and trainer who has worked with dozens of clients over the past two decades to help them plan, execute, and govern complex projects.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 (Microsoft Edge, Latest Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.9 (*Latest Firefox, Safari, or Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- Android 4.x (Chrome Browser Only)
- Apple iOs (*Latest version, Safari Browser Only)
* Official support for the "latest" version of a newly released browser, among those noted above, will be added within 8 weeks of public release. Until then, the previous version will continue to be supported instead.
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Still need Help? Additional technical information can be found here. You can also view these tips in Spanish and French.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete help guide for ON24: https://event.on24.com/view/help/ehelp.html