Save Time by Automating Repetitive Tasks with Simple-to-Use Macros
Do you find yourself repeating the same click-click-click sequence of keystrokes over and over again when you’re working on spreadsheets?
If you do, you’ve probably also found that using multiple keystrokes opens yourself up to slip-and-click errors that consume even more of your time … or cause embarrassing gotchas!
This interactive 90-minute webinar explores the rationale and techniques for using macros in Excel to eliminate repetitive command sequences, automate your work, and use Excel more efficiently.
A macro is Excel’s automation tool. As you work with this powerful software, you often find yourself performing the same tasks repeatedly. If you regularly update sales figures, plot data on a chart, or apply special formats, you may find yourself repeating the same sequence of commands and actions.
With a macro, you can store these sets of procedures and avoid having to repeat the entire sequence of actions each time you need to perform them. You can also easily activate them with a keystroke combination, a toolbar button, or an on-screen pointer.
The result is that you’ll save a good deal of time and effort and improve accuracy by creating macros.
Macros can eliminate some of the drudgery associated with repetitive tasks, as well as open the door to powerful capabilities that you cannot perform with standard Excel techniques.
Join us to discover exactly what macros are and how to put them to work for you right now! You’ll learn the best and fastest ways to create and modify time-saving macros with a minimum of effort, including:
- Recognizing situations ideal for creating macros
- How to create a macro by recording, and why this is usually the best way to create a macro
- Four ways to run a macro: keystroke shortcut, toolbar button, command, or graphic
- Ways to work with macro code (in the language called Visual Basic), created when you record command sequences
- How to use the step method to test a macro slowly
- Understanding when you need to add code to a macro and efficient ways to do it
- Ways to extend the power of macros to perform tasks you cannot achieve with standard Excel features
By seeing examples of how you can automate repetitive tasks—whether short or long—you'll be able to create tools that you can use to work more efficiently with Excel. Plus, a quick introduction to the world of Visual Basic will give you insight into how this programming feature broadens the scope of Excel usage.
Get the expertise others envy—and bosses clamor for!
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of creating Excel macros to reduce keystrokes when analyzing and manipulating complex data in spreadsheets.
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
Please note: The instructor will be demonstrating these methods and techniques using Excel 2016.
*Microsoft and Excel are registered trademarks of Microsoft.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 and above; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Internet Explorer (v11.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above), or Microsoft Edge (v16 & above)
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Apple Safari (v11.0 & above) and Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; Google Chrome and Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete technical requirements for Adobe Connect.