Easily Monitor Business Performance with Excel
Microsoft® Excel® dashboard reports are a powerful tool that summarize your spreadsheet data to give you a concise overview of critical business metrics. Dashboards provide an excellent and concise way to share a “snapshot" view of key performance indicators (KPIs) among team members and upper-level management.
You can buy expensive software to create dashboards. But, before you do, see what you can do with the tools you already possess in Excel.
This webinar provides you with a step-by-step demonstration of how to convert your raw data into readable charts, diagrams and tables to create useful dashboards from scratch.
With your completed dashboards, you’ll have critical information at your fingertips when you need it. Instead of spending valuable time swimming through data to find answers, you’ll:
- Get a real-time view of day-to-day changes in any aspect of your business
- Instantly see the impact of plans as they are put into action
- Gain long-term planning help with analytical features that enable you to extrapolate data forward in time and make predictions on future performance
Note: It is recommended that attendees possess an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including using PivotTables, formulas and functions.
This course will teach you simple techniques you can apply in Excel to make powerful dashboards that will set your skill level apart from the crowd.
For 90 minutes, you will see how to build Excel Dashboard reports from the ground up, including:
- Understanding what a KPI is and what it is not
- Determining which KPIs will be in your dashboard
- Creating the KPI dashboard using Form controls
- Creating a scrolling table with sorting to add to the dashboard
- Adding conditional formatting to your dashboard
- Including a PivotTable in your dashboard with drill down capabilities
- Using data coming from a table and database
- Creating relationships
- Exploring a data model in PowerPivot
- Adding a pivot chart to your dashboard
- Protecting data and dashboard structure while allowing for interaction
You’ll also hear a variety of critical dashboard do’s and don’ts to ensure that you build the optimum dashboard for at-a-glance analysis and decision making.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to define key performance indicators and build a dashboard in Excel to monitor them.
Please note: The presenter will be demonstrating these methods and techniques using Excel 2016, but the methods and techniques can also be applied using Excel 2013.
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
*Microsoft and Excel are registered trademarks of Microsoft.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 (Microsoft Edge, Latest Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.9 (*Latest Firefox, Safari, or Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- Android 4.x (Chrome Browser Only)
- Apple iOs (*Latest version, Safari Browser Only)
* Official support for the "latest" version of a newly released browser, among those noted above, will be added within 8 weeks of public release. Until then, the previous version will continue to be supported instead.
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Still need Help? Additional technical information can be found here. You can also view these tips in Spanish and French.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete help guide for ON24: https://event.on24.com/view/help/ehelp.html