Easily Monitor Business Performance with Excel
Microsoft® Excel® dashboard reports are a powerful tool that summarize your spreadsheet data to give you a concise overview of critical business metrics. Dashboards provide an excellent and concise way to share a “snapshot" view of key performance indicators (KPIs) among team members and upper-level management.
You can buy expensive software to create dashboards. But, before you do, see what you can do with the tools you already possess in Excel.
This webinar provides you with a step-by-step demonstration of how to convert your raw data into readable charts, diagrams and tables to create useful dashboards from scratch.
With your completed dashboards, you’ll have critical information at your fingertips when you need it. Instead of spending valuable time swimming through data to find answers, you’ll:
- Get a real-time view of day-to-day changes in any aspect of your business
- Instantly see the impact of plans as they are put into action
- Gain long-term planning help with analytical features that enable you to extrapolate data forward in time and make predictions on future performance
Note: It is recommended that attendees possess an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including using PivotTables, formulas and functions.
About Your Instructor
BJ Wilson is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Excel expert with Osprey Productions. He has been helping people learn Microsoft Office for the past 10 years.
This course will teach you simple techniques you can apply in Excel to make powerful dashboards that will set your skill level apart from the crowd.
For 90 minutes, you will see how to build Excel Dashboard reports from the ground up, including:
- Understanding what a KPI is and what it is not
- Determining which KPIs will be in your dashboard
- Creating the KPI dashboard using Form controls
- Creating a scrolling table with sorting to add to the dashboard
- Adding conditional formatting to your dashboard
- Including a PivotTable in your dashboard with drill down capabilities
- Using data coming from a table and database
- Creating relationships
- Exploring a data model in PowerPivot
- Adding a pivot chart to your dashboard
- Protecting data and dashboard structure while allowing for interaction
You’ll also hear a variety of critical dashboard do’s and don’ts to ensure that you build the optimum dashboard for at-a-glance analysis and decision making.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to define key performance indicators and build a dashboard in Excel to monitor them.
Please note: The presenter will be demonstrating these methods and techniques using Excel for Office 365, however much of the functionality is also available to users of earlier versions of Excel on both Windows and Mac.
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
*Microsoft and Excel are registered trademarks of Microsoft.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 and above; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Internet Explorer (v11.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above), or Microsoft Edge (v16 & above)
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Apple Safari (v11.0 & above) and Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; Google Chrome and Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete technical requirements for Adobe Connect.