Have you suddenly been parachuted into managing virtual employees?
You’re by no means alone!
And while the technology is there to provide connectivity and enable work to get done, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re naturally comfortable in the role of a virtual leader with the tools and techniques necessary to keep your employees present and effective in their work.
Yet the research clearly shows that “effective leadership is the number one factor that influences success in a virtual organization.”
How virtual work gets done is different. Though you have the skills, you’re now required to use them differently and in ways that are most effective when you and your people are working at a distance.
Using the G.R.E.A.T. framework, this webinar walks you through a new approach to thinking, planning, and organizing using an array of hardware, software, apps, personal resilience and emotional intelligence. You’ll learn how to lead in a virtual environment using components of Goals, Relationships, Empowerment, Agility, and Trust to guide you to success.
About Your Instructor
Susan Mason has over 35 years of experience as an educator, executive coach, trainer and instructional designer. Susan holds advanced degrees in Corporate Communication and Rhetoric and Communication. She has worked at Albany University, Tompkins-Cortland Community College, the Cornell University School of Industrial Labor Relations, and Hamilton College, where she served as the founding director of Hamilton’s Oral Communication Center and director of Hamilton’s Education Studies Program. Presently Susan teaches courses in leadership studies and offers leadership education programs for the Arthur Levitt Center for Public Affairs and the Levitt Leadership Institute.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply practical team processes to build a G.R.E.A.T. virtual team
- Use various communication technologies to build impactful team relationships and strategic results.
- Analyze and manage the issues that affect communication and conflict in a virtual team
This webinar will help you pivot, using the skills you already possess and adapting them successfully to a virtual environment including:
- Learning how the processes of face-to-face teaming are different for virtual teams and how to apply them effectively
- Effectively using technology to communicate
- Adjusting to the lack of visual interactions while still maintaining high-level engagement among team members.
- Doing more to establish trust amongst team members
How AMA Webinars Work
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year so that you can watch the program again and again to boost your skill set.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 and above; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Internet Explorer (v11.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above), or Microsoft Edge (v16 & above)
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Apple Safari (v11.0 & above) and Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; Google Chrome and Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete technical requirements for Adobe Connect.