How to Deliver Positive Feedback in Tough Conversations
For most managers, the toughest discussions of the year are coming up soon in the form of annual performance reviews.
Naturally, these sessions can lead many to feel uncomfortable.
The way you handle these conversations is even more difficult when you have to deliver feedback in this environment of economic uncertainty.
However, when conducted properly, these sessions provide you with a great opportunity to help your employees focus on their goals and boost their morale—while correcting flaws that can hold them back.
This 90-minute interactive webinar provides tested methods to help you prepare for and conduct these discussions in a way that invites balanced participation, stays true to your message, focuses on performance, gains acceptance, and reduces defensiveness.
About Your Instructor
Paul Falcone is an HR and leadership trainer, speaker, and executive coach. He’s also a bestselling author and a former corporate HR executive at Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, and Time Warner. He is the author of four books that were ranked on SHRM's prestigious "Great 8" annual bestseller listings, including 96 Great Interview Questions to Ask Before You Hire, 101 Tough Conversations to Have with Employees, 101 Sample Write-Ups for Documenting Employee Performance Problems, and 2600 Phrases for Effective Performance Reviews. Paul is a long-term contributor to HR Magazine and an instructor in the UCLA Extension School of Business and Management, as well as a top-rated presenter at the SHRM national conference.
Discover the steps you can take and tactics to use to ease the complicated task of conducting effective performance review meetings, including:
- What to do to prepare your employee for the conversation
- How nonverbal clues can guide the conversation and reveal hidden thoughts
- Ways to deliver corrective feedback that inspires, motivates, and gets results
- Creation of an appropriate verbal and written record to insulate your organization from potential legal liability
- Specific advice for directing the conversation for an outcome whereby your employee leaves with a sense of fairness and commitment
Join us and learn some practical tips on how to change performance reviews from a “fear session” to a constructive, on-the-level dialogue that will help you, your company, and your employees.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop plans for more effective employee performance reviews
- Identify key approaches to avoid problems during the appraisal process
- Understand the records that protect your organization against potential lawsuits
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year so that you can watch the program again and again to boost your skill set.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 (Microsoft Edge, Latest Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.9 (*Latest Firefox, Safari, or Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- Android 4.x (Chrome Browser Only)
- Apple iOs (*Latest version, Safari Browser Only)
* Official support for the "latest" version of a newly released browser, among those noted above, will be added within 8 weeks of public release. Until then, the previous version will continue to be supported instead.
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Still need Help? Additional technical information can be found here. You can also view these tips in Spanish and French.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete help guide for ON24: https://event.on24.com/view/help/ehelp.html