AMA's How-To Webinar for New Managers
When you move from being an individual contributor to overseeing the work of others, you’ll face a whole set of new challenges. The truth is that the skills that made you a great team player won't necessarily make you a great manager.
This 90-minute webinar sets you on the right course to developing a set of skills that can help you manage people, organize a productive team, and deliver results. You’ll find that this will make the transition to your new role smoother and more successful.
And everything you learn, you'll be able to use right away.
When tough problems come up, you'll know how to handle them. When you're faced with a crisis, you'll react with confidence. All in all, you'll be better equipped to keep employees engaged and focused on meeting their goals ... helping you achieve success.
Put this webinar on your to-do list, and sign up right now!
About Your Instructor
Pauline Larkin is a consultant and trainer working with clients in the areas of leadership development, performance management, organizational culture and communication skills.
Join us to learn practical tactics for bringing out the best in others, including:
- How to realign your functional role with your management role
- Understanding the four key functions of an effective manager
- How to create clarity and purpose for your team
- Aligning your team’s overall objectives and purpose with company goals
- Tips for communicating with authenticity to your staff
Your transition from being a coworker to manager is both challenging and exciting.
Along with your new responsibilities, you’ll be faced with new relationship dynamics, as well as new opportunities for personal and career growth—when you have the proper training.
This webinar provides that support. You'll gain confidence…build a productive team…and have more success sooner!
Who Will Benefit Most from This Webinar?
- New supervisors and managers with less than one year of experience
- Aspiring and soon-to-be-promoted managers
- Struggling managers having little or no formal management training
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an effective manager
- Communicate organizational goals clearly to your staff
- Apply delegation strategies to increase productivity and motivation
- Define expectations for yourself and your direct reports
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 and above; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Internet Explorer (v11.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above), or Microsoft Edge (v16 & above)
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Apple Safari (v11.0 & above) and Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; Google Chrome and Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete technical requirements for Adobe Connect.