How to Thrive During Times of Challenge and Stress
In today’s fast-paced, hectic work environment, many people are flat-out overworked and at their personal and professional limits. How well are you coping with your daily stresses and frustrations?
More than ever, resilience is a must-have skill to handle today’s work and life overload, challenging people, time constraints, financial pressures, workplace change, resourcing cuts, and more.
Becoming more resilient allows you to stay sharp tackling your daily tasks while also enabling you to stay engaged in your leadership role and avoid burnout.
The good news is that resiliency can be learned and improved with practice.
This webinar gives you strategies, tactics, and tools to achieve resilience and boost your optimism through management of stress, mindful practice, growth after failure, and action in the face of negativity. You’ll get proactive steps you can follow daily to improve your personal balance, well-being, and personal confidence.
Are you a WLC Member? Get this webinar for FREE by logging into your member account and registering!
About Your Instructor
Susan Mason has over 35 years of experience as an educator, executive coach, trainer, and instructional designer. Susan holds advanced degrees in Corporate Communication and Rhetoric and Communication. She has worked at Albany University, Tompkins-Cortland Community College, the Cornell University School of Industrial Labor Relations, and Hamilton College where she served as the founding director of Hamilton’s Oral Communication Center and director of Hamilton’s Education Studies Program. Presently Susan teaches courses in leadership studies and offers leadership education programs for the Arthur Levitt Center for Public Affairs and the Levitt Leadership Institute.
- How to use strategies and tools to achieve resilience and optimism through management of stress, mindful practice, growth after failure, and action in the face of negativity.
- Ways to apply preemptive mindfulness and stress management activities to achieve your best self.
- How to move ahead after setbacks using brain-based structuring and restructuring approaches.
- Steps to develop a Personal Resilience Development Plan that will fit your needs, challenges, and daily routines.
- Ways to use flexible and dynamic resilience to achieve impactful workplace relationships and work-life balance.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define resilience as a set of proactive adaptable and personal practices designed to reduce stress, build confidence and support emotional self-management.
- Understand your barriers to maintaining optimism and moving ahead after failure with special attention to the power of cognitive restructuring.
- Assess your professional strengths and opportunities in building and maintaining resilience by looking at your intrinsic motivators and attentiveness to extrinsic situational forces at work.
How AMA Webinars Work
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year so that you can watch the program again and again to boost your skill set.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 and above; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Internet Explorer (v11.0 & above), Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above), or Microsoft Edge (v16 & above)
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13; Google Chrome (v66.0 & above), Apple Safari (v11.0 & above) and Mozilla Firefox (v55.0 & above)
- Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; Google Chrome and Adobe Flash Player 23.0
- Google Android 4.4 or later
- Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete technical requirements for Adobe Connect.