The Basis of Good Meeting Management
Jan 24, 2019
Successful meetings are brief and focused. They happen because those who run them set ground rules for their sessions. The ground rules are used to avoid fractious behavior as well as ensure that the meetings start on time, don’t drag on, and end with real results.
Among the questions that ground rules address are:
- Where and when will meetings be held?
- How will the need for emergency meetings be managed?
- How long should meetings last?
- How will decisions be reached?
- How will team members work with each other and your team work with other groups?
- Who will be responsible for preparation of meetings?
- How will you handle conflicts and disagreements among members?
Have I missed anything? If so, print and add them to this list, and tack this reminder on your wall.