If you can't explain it simply, you dont understand it well enough.
Effective communication is the foundation on which companies and careers are built and a crucial component of lasting success. Whether the audience is an entire organization or a single individual, effective communication requires bringing together different points of view and relaying that information without losing clarity or focus. AMA seminars in communication skills will teach:
- Self-awareness and listening techniques: Communication is a two-way-street. Effective listening will improve your job-effectiveness and work relationships.
- Presentation skills: The ability to speak well in a public forum is what separates average managers from excellent leaders.
- Business writing: Organized, logical and persuasive writing will allow you to break through the clutter to get your message heard.
- Intervention and conflict management: Express your ideas in an honest and direct manner to take control of any conflict or situation without alienating others.
- Assertive communication: Asserting your authority without being heavy-handed is a delicate issue but necessary in earning the respect of those around you.
Whether it's a face-to-face conversation or an email exchange, a meaningful message entails establishing a connection that leaves a powerful impression. AMA seminars in communication skills will help your staff develop a truly engaging and responsive communication style, leading to positive results for both themselves and the organization.
- What's Your Story, by Annette Simmons
The most important story you will ever tell is, "Who are you?" Your attempts to influence others are filtered through people's judgments about who you are: your trustworthiness, values, ambitions, and integrity.
AMA is one of the most widely recognized leaders in business training, having provided corporate training solutions
for over 95 years. From leadership, communication and managerial training
, customer service
and analytical skills, AMA has developed a vast array of content and training solutions to help individuals and organizations achieve business results . Each year, AMA delivers thousands of seminars and courses across the United States. With courses offered in a classroom near you
or live online
, AMA is a flexible, convenient resource for all of your organization's talent development needs. AMA also offers customized solutions based on your specific talent development requirements.