Effective communication is the foundation on which companies and careers are built and a crucial component of lasting success. Whether the audience is an entire organization or a single individual, effective communication requires bringing together different points of view and relaying that information without losing clarity or focus. AMA seminars in communication skills will teach:
- Self-awareness and listening techniques: Communication is a two-way-street. Effective listening will improve your job-effectiveness and work relationships.
- Presentation skills: The ability to speak well in a public forum is what separates average managers from excellent leaders.
- Business writing: Organized, logical and persuasive writing will allow you to break through the clutter to get your message heard.
- Intervention and conflict management: Express your ideas in an honest and direct manner to take control of any conflict or situation without alienating others.
- Assertive communication: Asserting your authority without being heavy-handed is a delicate issue but necessary in earning the respect of those around you.
Whether it's a face-to-face conversation or an email exchange, a meaningful message entails establishing a connection that leaves a powerful impression. AMA seminars in communication skills will help your staff develop a truly engaging and responsive communication style, leading to positive results for both themselves and the organization.
- What's Your Story, by Annette Simmons
The most important story you will ever tell is, "Who are you?" Your attempts to influence others are filtered through people's judgments about who you are: your trustworthiness, values, ambitions, and integrity.