Jusst as you wouldn’t get your employees to pursue department goals if they didn’t see you doing your fair share, so you can’t expect your employees to support the values being promulgated if they don’t see you doing so.
Depending on your values, ask yourself:
- Do I treat my internal customers with the same respect as I treat external customers?
- Do I show by my words and actions that risk taking and creative thinking are appreciated?
- What abut risks that fail? Do I truly believe as if I believe that mistakes are learning experiences?
- How do I reinforce these values, in words and actions?
- How do I support our company’s concern about total quality?
- How do I demonstrate my support of empowerment?
- Do I truly understand and practice teamwork?