Mastering Excel® Charts and Graphical Features
Quickly Craft Effective Presentations and Reports from Your Spreadsheets
This interactive, 90-minute webinar explores the visual and graphical Excel features you can use to add functionality and pizzazz to your worksheets and charts.
You’ll gain quick methods for creating charts, how (and why) to use different chart types and how to alter the look of a chart with layout, color, and content changes.
One often overlooked benefit of this course: depicting your data in a chart may reveal a trend that was not so obvious in the numerical data, which often can be dry and boring.
That elusive meaning, buried in the obscurity of a sea of numbers suddenly springs to life in a chart—you get the "big picture" at a glance; and Excel gives you a ton of formatting tools to add power and flair to enliven all of your presentations and reports.
For example, you’ll hear how to quickly add gridlines, change background colors, adjust scaling, insert titles, re-configure 3-D charts, and add trendlines.
In a nutshell, you’ll get simple and powerful tips for making your data more readable and understandable. In addition to a myriad of Charting tips, you’ll also learn how to use:
- Themes (for consistent colors and fonts)
- Tables (to organize lists and set up dynamic charts)
- Conditional Formatting (to accentuate your data with color bars and icons)
- Form Controls (including Check Boxes, Spin Buttons, and Scroll Bars) to enter data without typing
webinar(s) available starting between
For assistance registering more than
people, please call
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn the best and fastest ways to prepare data for presentations and create and modify them with a minimum of effort, including:
- Create charts instantly—either on the same worksheet as the data, or on a separate sheet
- Change the chart type—Column, Bar, Line, Pie, etc; select the best chart for the occasion
- Set up charts based on noncontiguous data or based on data from different worksheets
- Move, Copy, Resize, or Delete charts on a worksheet
- Reformat legends, gridlines, axes, backgrounds
- Add labels, error bars, and trendlines to charts
- Use special features for 3-D charts
- Create Combination charts—use lines and column together on the same chart
- Set up dynamic charts (those that grow daily, weekly, or monthly) with Excel’s new Table feature
- Annotate charts—adding lines, arrows, boxes, special comments and titles
- Adjust Themes to quickly apply multiple formatting features
- Use Conditional Formatting to add color data bars and icons based on values
- Use Form controls to simplify data entry/editing with visual tools like spinner arrows and scroll bars
Please note: The presenter will be demonstrating these methods and techniques using Excel 2007.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply formatting techniques and presentation styles to Excel spreadsheets
- Demonstrate working knowledge of using graphics and charts to enhance ideas and information in Excel worksheets
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your office without the need for travel costs and time.
Because the webinar is live, you can ask our expert questions via online chat during the program. In addition, we will be sending you pre-work approximately one week before the program date via email. Please register early to get these materials which will help guide your learning process!
Plus, you’ll have free access to an on-demand archive of the program for a minimum of one year so that you can refer to it again and again to refresh your memory.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
This program does not qualify for CEU credits.
*Microsoft, and Excel are registered trademarks of Microsoft.
About the Presenters