Crash Course for New Managers
AMA's How-To Webinar for New Managers
When you move from being an individual contributor to overseeing the work of others, you’ll face a whole set of new challenges. The truth is that the skills that made you a great team player won't necessarily make you a great manager.
This 90-minute webinar sets you on the right course to developing a set of skills that can help you manage people, organize a productive team, and deliver results. You’ll find that this will make the transition to your new role smoother and more successful.
And everything you learn, you'll be able to use right away.
When tough problems come up, you'll know how to handle them. When you're faced with a crisis, you'll react with confidence. All in all, you'll be better equipped to keep employees engaged and focused on meeting their goals ... helping you achieve success.
Put this webinar on your to-do list, and sign up right now!
webinar(s) available starting between
For assistance registering more than
people, please call
What You Will Learn
Join us to learn practical tactics for bringing out the best in others, including:
- How to realign your functional role with your management role
- Understanding the four key functions of an effective manager
- How to create clarity and purpose for your team
- Aligning your team’s overall objectives and purpose with company goals
- Tips for communicating with authenticity to your staff
Your transition from being a coworker to manager is both challenging and exciting.
Along with your new responsibilities, you’ll be faced with new relationship dynamics, as well as new opportunities for personal and career growth—when you have the proper training.
This webinar provides that support. You'll gain confidence…build a productive team…and have more success sooner!
Who Will Benefit Most from This Webinar?
- New supervisors and managers with less than one year of experience
- Aspiring and soon-to-be-promoted managers
- Struggling managers having little or no formal management training
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an effective manager
- Communicate organizational goals clearly to your staff
- Apply delegation strategies to increase productivity and motivation
- Define expectations for yourself and your direct reports
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your office without the need for travel costs and time.
Because the webinar is live, you can ask our expert questions via online chat during the program. In addition, we will be sending you pre-work approximately one day before the program date via email. Please register early to get these materials that will help guide your learning process!
In addition, paid registrants will have access to an archive of the program for a full year so you can turn to it again and again to refresh your memory.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
This webinar offers continuing education credits to registered participants. To qualify for CEU credits, you must register for and attend the live event using your individual log-in ID for the full 90 minutes and participate in all of the polling exercises. Archived/On Demand webinars do not qualify for CEUs.
About the Presenters