The Curious Leader: Harnessing the Power of Inquiry
Jan 24, 2019
Are you ready to take on the role of “Questioner-in-Chief?”
In this webcast, Warren Berger, author of the new bestselling book A More Beautiful Question, explains why today’s business executives must be more comfortable asking questions, and encouraging those around them to question more.
In this 60-minute program, Berger will walk you through:
- How dynamic change in today’s marketplace creates the need for more and better questioning by leaders
- Research showing that the most successful CEOs are usually expert questioners
- How to create a “Culture of Inquiry” in your company
- Why some leaders don’t feel comfortable asking questions (and how they can overcome that)
- How to get better at asking “actionable questions” that lead to tangible results
Berger will also share some of the most important questions that every business leader today should be asking him/herself. And he’ll explain why you might want to consider replacing your company’s “mission statement” with something more engaging and compelling—namely, a “mission question.”
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Warren Berger is an expert on design thinking and innovation. He has studied hundreds of the world’s leading innovators, designers, red-hot start-ups, and creative thinkers to analyze how they ask game-changing questions, solve problems, and create new possibilities. Berger writes for Fast Company, Harvard Business Review, and was a longtime contributing editor at Wired magazine.
He is author of the bestselling books, Glimmer: How Design Can Transform Business and Your Life and A More Beautiful Question. He has appeared on NBC’s Today Show, ABC World News, CNN, and as an expert on NPR’s All Things Considered. As a speaker, he has keynoted at the CUSP Conference, the Fuse Conference, the Design Thinkers Conference, the International Women’s Forum in Rome, and TEDx Portland.