Managing Your Boss to Advance Your Career
It’s not your boss' job to develop you, motivate you, or inspire you. That's your job.
This humorous, highly interactive webcast will delve deeply into the awkward, unnatural boss-subordinate relationship and help you to manage even the scariest relationship.
Most people leave the magic of what could be a career-changing relationship with their boss untapped.
This program starts with a simple concept: "Your boss is just an imperfect human being, doing the best she can... just like you.” You’ll learn techniques to help you gain more influence in your relationship with your boss and be able to navigate even the most tricky situations more elegantly.
- Why the boss-subordinate relationship is so complex
- The biggest career mistake you can make
- How to get your boss to trust you
- 8 questions every employee should ask their boss
- How to persuade your boss
- How to give your boss bad news
- How to deal with a moody boss
- How to find out where you stand with your boss and his boss
- What to do if your boss is really a jerk
So if you want to develop a better relationship with your boss, this program is a great place to start.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Karin Hurt is Chief Executive Officer of Let's Grow Leaders, a keynote speaker, leadership consultant, and MBA professor. A former Verizon Wireless executive, she has over two decades of experience in sales, marketing, customer service, and human resources. Recently, Karin was recognized on Inc magazine’s list of 100 Great Leadership Speakers for Your Next Conference, American Management Association’s 2015 Leaders to Watch, and one of the top 100 thought leaders in Trusted Business Behavior by Trust Across America. She is author of the book, Overcoming an Imperfect Boss.