How to Prepare for the PMP Certification Exam:
7 Keys for Success
Tactics for Passing the PMP® Certification Exam on Your First Try
If you are like most of us, it has been many years since you have taken a standardized test.
The worst mistake you can make is to assume that you have the exam “in the bag.”
The PMP certification exam is a 4-hour international test, which can be intimidating due to its formality and its security. The exam is based on best practices as determined by the Project Management Institute and not necessarily what is important to your role or organization.
Thus the approach you take to prepare for the test is critical to your success in achieving this widely-regarded and respected project management certification.
This webinar focuses on the essentials needed to pass the exam and targets those essential nuggets of information that are beyond the study content of the test itself.
webinar(s) available starting between
For assistance registering more than
people, please call
What You Will Learn
Instead of reviewing the PMBOK® content, this webinar will focus on preparing for and then taking the exam itself. In a nutshell, you’ll get a better understanding of the requirements for PMP certification and review a handful of strategies you can use to prepare for the exam.
For instance, you’ll see why it is so important to use current information in the study material and never let your past experience answer for you on this exam.
For 90 minutes, the course covers:
- Essentials needed to apply for the exam, as well as the essentials needed to pass the exam
- A timeline of important milestones to accomplish before your test date
- Advice for overcoming your fear of the “math monster.” You’ll get quick tips for memorizing the basic formula for Earned Value and other critical math formulas needed to solve exam problems
- The psychology of test taking, which is extremely important in this exam. The webinar will approach the psychology of the questions you’ll face, giving you approaches for understanding them
- Ways to approach test questions by using examples. You’ll review questions from the PMBOK, as well as industry-standard questions, so you understand the meaning of “body of knowledge.”
Armed with these tools and tactics, you’ll give it your best shot to take the PMP exam and pass it on your first attempt!
Who Should Attend?
Everyone preparing to take the PMP exam should consider fine-tuning their test-taking skills with this webinar.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare a PMP exam test-taking strategy that will be used in the actual PMP exam
- Assemble an exam checklist to prepare for mathematical formulas appearing on the exam
- Identify and recognize the various types of PMP exam questions
- Understand test day policies and procedures
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your office without the need for travel costs and time.
Because the webinar is live, you can ask our expert questions via online chat during the program. In addition, we will be sending you pre-work approximately one day before the program date via email. Please register early to get these materials that will help guide your learning process!
In addition, paid registrants will have a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
This webinar offers continuing education credits to registered participants. To qualify for CEU credits, you must register for and attend the live event using your individual log-in ID for the full 90 minutes and participate in all of the polling exercises. Archived/on-demand webinars do not qualify for CEUs.
PMP and PMBOK are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
About the Presenters