Your Role in Value-Based Departments
Jusst as you wouldn’t get your employees to pursue department goals if they didn’t see you doing your fair share, so you can’t expect your employees to support the values being promulgated if they don’t see you doing so.
Depending on your values, ask yourself:
- Do I treat my internal customers with the same respect as I treat external customers?
- Do I show by my words and actions that risk taking and creative thinking are appreciated?
- What abut risks that fail? Do I truly believe as if I believe that mistakes are learning experiences?
- How do I reinforce these values, in words and actions?
- How do I support our company’s concern about total quality?
- How do I demonstrate my support of empowerment?
- Do I truly understand and practice teamwork?
5 Skills Every New Manager Needs to Succeed
AMA is one of the most widely recognized leaders in business training, having provided corporate training solutions
for over 95 years. From leadership, communication and managerial training
, customer service
and analytical skills, AMA has developed a vast array of content and training solutions to help individuals and organizations achieve business results . Each year, AMA delivers thousands of seminars and courses across the United States. With courses offered in a classroom near you
or live online
, AMA is a flexible, convenient resource for all of your organization's talent development needs. AMA also offers customized solutions based on your specific talent development requirements.