Why Do Meetings Start Late, Drag on Forever, and Fail to Accomplish Anything?
Here are some ground rules to ensure meetings run smoothly.
• All meetings will begin and end on schedule.
• The position of chair will be rotated.
• Discussion time will be limited to that set on the agenda.
• Meetings will be held every second Tuesday, from 9:15 to 11:00 a.m., in the conference room.
• Three days prior to the meeting, members will receive a copy of the agenda and any handouts to read and come prepared for the discussion.
• The focus will be on issues, not personalities.
• Only one member will talk at a time.
• Decisions will be made by consensus.
• The group will evaluate each meeting to determine progress toward its objective and the quality of the meeting itself.
5 Skills Every New Manager Needs to Succeed
AMA is one of the most widely recognized leaders in business training, having provided corporate training solutions
for over 95 years. From leadership, communication and managerial training
, customer service
and analytical skills, AMA has developed a vast array of content and training solutions to help individuals and organizations achieve business results . Each year, AMA delivers thousands of seminars and courses across the United States. With courses offered in a classroom near you
or live online
, AMA is a flexible, convenient resource for all of your organization's talent development needs. AMA also offers customized solutions based on your specific talent development requirements.