The Basis of Good Meeting Management
Successful meetings are brief and focused. They happen because those who run them set ground rules for their sessions. The ground rules are used to avoid fractious behavior as well as ensure that the meetings start on time, don’t drag on, and end with real results.
Among the questions that ground rules address are:
- Where and when will meetings be held?
- How will the need for emergency meetings be managed?
- How long should meetings last?
- How will decisions be reached?
- How will team members work with each other and your team work with other groups?
- Who will be responsible for preparation of meetings?
- How will you handle conflicts and disagreements among members?
Have I missed anything? If so, print and add them to this list, and tack this reminder on your wall.
5 Skills Every New Manager Needs to Succeed
AMA is one of the most widely recognized leaders in business training, having provided corporate training solutions
for over 95 years. From leadership, communication and managerial training
, customer service
and analytical skills, AMA has developed a vast array of content and training solutions to help individuals and organizations achieve business results . Each year, AMA delivers thousands of seminars and courses across the United States. With courses offered in a classroom near you
or live online
, AMA is a flexible, convenient resource for all of your organization's talent development needs. AMA also offers customized solutions based on your specific talent development requirements.