How Do You Rate on Time Management?
Answer these questions with a yes or a no:
- I limit the duration of my telephone calls.
- I close my office door when I want some quiet time to devote to planning or other important tasks.
- I cross my name off the circulation list for magazines, newsletters, and reports I don’t need to see.
- The meetings I run finish on time.
- I delegate tasks to employees rather than do the work myself.
- I encourage staff to write reports of no more than one page.
- I make a list of things I will do each day.
- I follow up on work I have delegated.
- I clear my desk of all paperwork..
- I discourage unnecessary interruptions.
If you are good at time management, you would have said yes to each of these statements. If not, the statements suggest areas for improvement.
5 Skills Every New Manager Needs to Succeed
AMA is one of the most widely recognized leaders in business training, having provided corporate training solutions
for over 95 years. From leadership, communication and managerial training
, customer service
and analytical skills, AMA has developed a vast array of content and training solutions to help individuals and organizations achieve business results . Each year, AMA delivers thousands of seminars and courses across the United States. With courses offered in a classroom near you
or live online
, AMA is a flexible, convenient resource for all of your organization's talent development needs. AMA also offers customized solutions based on your specific talent development requirements.