Creativity is not the finding of a thing, but the making of something out of it after it is found
—James Russell Lowell
Yesterday's solutions do not solve today's problems. Your success in today's global economy depends on your ability to identify the insights your competitors miss. Simply relying on yesterday's ideas, products and certainties will spell failure. Dont be afraid to test your assumptions and attack problems from a new angle. This is the first and most important step in unleashing the creative potential within yourself, your team, and your company. Our programs highlight:
- Strategic Planning: Identify evolving strategic patterns and generate ideas on how they can be applied to your organization.
- Abstract Thinking: Learn to develop and analyze the ideas, images, and data that come from exploring relationships, patterns, and associations.
- Creative Techniques and Activities: Foster creativity by exploring and sharing a number of possible solutions.
- Curiosity: The people who ask the most questions and who are engaged are the ones who will understand the root of the problem and find a solution more quickly.
After AMA training in thinking and innovation, you will begin to see problems from a variety of different perspectives and look for solutions in a different way. For a suggested listing of AMA seminars, webcasts, and articles on thinking and innovation, see below:
- Something Really New: Three Simple Steps to Creating Truly Innovative Products, by Denis J. Hauptly
Determine what customer needs aren't being met, and use simple methods to arrive at revolutionary conclusions.
- The Leader as Communicator: Strategies and Tactics to Build Loyalty, Focus Effort and Spark Creativity, by Robert Mai and Alan Akerson
Examine leadership roles as diverse as trust-builder and critic, renewal champion and navigator, learning advocate and provocateur.
- The 108 Skills of Natural Born Leaders, by Warren Black
Learn the skill sets that make natural born leaders, see which of these skills you lack, and master those weak areas.
- The Power of Strategy Innovation, by Johnston and Bate
Learn how to apply innovative thinking to your company's entire business model.
AMA is one of the most widely recognized leaders in business training, having provided corporate training solutions
for over 95 years. From leadership, communication and managerial training
, customer service
and analytical skills, AMA has developed a vast array of content and training solutions to help individuals and organizations achieve business results . Each year, AMA delivers thousands of seminars and courses across the United States. With courses offered in a classroom near you
or live online
, AMA is a flexible, convenient resource for all of your organization's talent development needs. AMA also offers customized solutions based on your specific talent development requirements.