Tactics for Passing the PMP® Certification Exam on Your First Try
If you are like most of us, it has been many years since you have taken a standardized test.
The worst mistake you can make is to assume that you have the exam “in the bag.”
The PMP certification exam is a 4-hour international test, which can be intimidating due to its formality and its security. The exam is based on best practices as determined by the Project Management Institute and not necessarily what is important to your role or organization.
Thus the approach you take to prepare for the test is critical to your success in achieving this widely-regarded and respected project management certification.
This webinar focuses on the essentials needed to pass the exam and targets those essential nuggets of information that are beyond the study content of the test itself.
Instead of reviewing the PMBOK® content, this webinar will focus on preparing for and then taking the exam itself. In a nutshell, you’ll get a better understanding of the requirements for PMP certification and review a handful of strategies you can use to prepare for the exam.
For instance, you’ll see why it is so important to use current information in the study material and never let your past experience answer for you on this exam.
For 90 minutes, the course covers:
- Essentials needed to apply for the exam, as well as the essentials needed to pass the exam
- A timeline of important milestones to accomplish before your test date
- Advice for overcoming your fear of the “math monster.” You’ll get quick tips for memorizing the basic formula for Earned Value and other critical math formulas needed to solve exam problems
- The psychology of test taking, which is extremely important in this exam. The webinar will approach the psychology of the questions you’ll face, giving you approaches for understanding them
- Ways to approach test questions by using examples. You’ll review questions from the PMBOK, as well as industry-standard questions, so you understand the meaning of “body of knowledge.”
Armed with these tools and tactics, you’ll give it your best shot to take the PMP exam and pass it on your first attempt!
Who Should Attend?
Everyone preparing to take the PMP exam should consider fine-tuning their test-taking skills with this webinar.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare a PMP exam test-taking strategy that will be used in the actual PMP exam
- Assemble an exam checklist to prepare for mathematical formulas appearing on the exam
- Identify and recognize the various types of PMP exam questions
- Understand test day policies and procedures
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
PMP and PMBOK are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
- Windows 7 (Microsoft Edge, Latest Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.9 (*Latest Firefox, Safari, or Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- Android 4.x (Chrome Browser Only)
- Apple iOs (*Latest version, Safari Browser Only)
* Official support for the "latest" version of a newly released browser, among those noted above, will be added within 8 weeks of public release. Until then, the previous version will continue to be supported instead.
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins:
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
Still need Help? Additional technical information can be found here. You can also view these tips in Spanish and French.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
Need further assistance? Visit the complete help guide for ON24: https://event.on24.com/view/help/ehelp.html