How Do You Rate on Time Management?
Nov 28, 2018
Answer these questions with a yes or a no:
- I limit the duration of my telephone calls.
- I close my office door when I want some quiet time to devote to planning or other important tasks.
- I cross my name off the circulation list for magazines, newsletters, and reports I don’t need to see.
- The meetings I run finish on time.
- I delegate tasks to employees rather than do the work myself.
- I encourage staff to write reports of no more than one page.
- I make a list of things I will do each day.
- I follow up on work I have delegated.
- I clear my desk of all paperwork..
- I discourage unnecessary interruptions.
If you are good at time management, you would have said yes to each of these statements. If not, the statements suggest areas for improvement.