Active Shooters and Armed Attackers in the Workplace
Proactively Preventing and Handling Workplace Violence Incidents
Despite what the news media says, cases of workplace violence mass attacks involving armed perpetrators are both rare and catastrophic. Not all subjects have used guns in these attacks; edged weapons or vehicle attacks are a concern as well.
For managers, “it can’t happen here” is not an effective preparation strategy.
Recent events have heightened the awareness of the need for employees to follow the national Department of Homeland Security (DHS) protocol: Run-Hide-Fight.
Since all employees are in charge of their own sense of security, they need to know what to do, what not to do, and how to protect themselves and others during these life-changing events.
This empowering webinar offers practical, realistic tools to make your facility a better, safer place to work. Leading security expert, Dr. Steve Albrecht, uses a mix of real-life events, knowledge of workplace behavior and security measures to give you practical tactics and insights to prepare for and respond to an active attacker emergency.
webinar(s) available starting between
For assistance registering more than
people, please call
What You Will Learn
This fast-paced and tool-based session will cover:
- Defining workplace violence events and how and why armed perpetrators typically attack
- A brief history of active shooter events in the US and lessons learned
- Recognizing pre-attack behavioral warning signs in current or former employees; customers; strangers; visitors; vendors; or domestic violence perpetrators
- Deploying the Department of Homeland Security’s “Run-Hide-Fight” recommended protocol; the six-minute DHS video; and related training responses
- Understanding the police response in the post-Columbine era
- How to practice and drill with Run-Hide-Fight safely and effectively
- Discuss the aftermath of these events and the need for organizational, clinical, and community support
Bring safety and peace of mind to your workplace. Your employees will thank you for it.
Who Should Attend
Managers, directors, senior leadership, human resource personnel, and anyone charged with protecting their workforce.
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your office without the need for travel costs and time.
Because the webinar is live, you can ask our expert questions via online chat during the program. In addition, we will be sending you pre-work approximately one day before the program date via email. Please register early to get these materials that will help guide your learning process!
In addition, paid registrants will have a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year allowing you to revisit the material to refresh your memory and reinforce your skills.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
This webinar does not offer continuing education credits.
About the Presenters