Cy Charney shares these anonymous words of wisdom in his book The Leader’s Tool Kit
. As Charney observed,
“Everything I need to know, I learned from Noah’s Ark:
1. Don’t miss the boat.
2. Remember that we are all in the same boat.
3. Plan ahead. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the Ark.
4. Stay fit. When you’re 60 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
5. Don’t listen to critics—just get on with the job that needs to be done.
6. Build your future on high ground.
7. For safety’s sake, travel in pairs.
8. Speed isn’t always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
9. When you’re stressed, float awhile.
10. Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professional.
No matter the storm, when you are with God, there’s always a rainbow waiting.”
Excerpted, with permission of the publisher, from The Leader’s Tool Kit by Cy Charney. Copyright 2006, Cy Charney. Published by AMACOM. For more information, visit www.amacombooks.org